Saturday, 8 November 2014

BACK TO BLOG!

Well hello there blog people! Wow....I can't believe it's been over a year since my last blog post! Time flies. I hope you are all well. So where have I been and why did I abandon the blog for the last nineteen months?

Well, the short answer is that I created a facebook page. Please do check it out and give my page a 'like'... if you likey! Here's the link: www.Facebook.com/EddTravers

   Pleased to report my FB page has proven to be very popular...so that's where I've been posting the majority of my news and new creations. I love the fact that I can communicate instantly with people (clients / potential clients / general caricature fans etc...) and I've also had many bookings and commission work via the facebook page..... which is something which has never happened here anyway, so this ol' blog kind of got put on the back burner and got forgotten and neglected I'm afraid.

I also joined twitter a while ago and have enjoyed connecting with people and getting my artwork out there too. I'll be honest, I've had a lot to learn and it's taken me a while to get my head around the whole 'social media' thing, and I've had more than a few problems along the way....but I think I'm getting there. Twitter has completely amazed me when famous celebrities have 'retweeted' my caricatures of them to their millions of followers (Sir Alan Sugar, Ford Kiernan and Kevin Bridges for example...)...which in turn caused a bit of a 'twitterstorm' and  earned me lots of new twitter followers in the process! Just goes to show the power of social media I suppose! If you're on twitter, give me a follow and I'll follow you back: https://twitter.com/eddtravers



However as well as facebook & twitter I'd like to keep this blog ticking over and will endeavour to post more work and news here as it happens. So, that said, let's bring things bang up to date with a recentish caricature of  the all new Doctor Who time-lord, Peter Capaldi.


Hope you like it! Fun Fact: I went to the same high school as Peter Capaldi, you know....Saint Ninian's High School in Kirkintilloch (although not at the same time!) We even had the same art teacher...(who was an utter moron)!

I think Peter has done a fantastic job as the new Doctor and I'm looking forward to the next series already.

No comments:

Post a Comment