Friday, 17 August 2012

Annual Art Exhibition in Kirkintilloch

Once again I will be submitting a celebrity caricature to the annual Art Exhibition in my home town of Kirkintilloch, which this year will be held in The Auld Kirk Museum for the first time. The exhibition has previously been held in Kirkintilloch Town Hall and more recently at St Mary’s Church in Kirkintilloch. Once again the exhibition will show off the talent of both local amateur and professional artists from Kirkintilloch, Bishopbriggs, Lenzie and the Campsie area. The Auld Kirk Museum is a fabulous venue for any art exhibition and is the principal museum for East Dunbartonshire in Scotland. Regular readers will know that I debuted my first solo exhibition of caricatures there back in 2010.

10.00am 18th Aug - 5.00pm 20th Sep 2012, Auld Kirk Museum
Venue address: Auld Kirk Museum Cowgate Kirkintilloch G66 1HN.
So what celebrity have I submitted to the exhibition...? Well, I thought I'd go with houswive's favourite, and well known face of comedy, David Walliams.... a little pencil sketch I did back in the spring of this year. I really wanted to submit one of my (several!) unfinished new pieces, but it's been really difficult to find the time to complete them with all the other paying commissions and bookings I've had over the summer....I've had so little free time. So this'll have to do for now and as soon as I get my new stuff finished I will share them on here with you. Stay tuned.

Best of luck to everyone exhibiting their artwork this year! Hope we get lots of sales!

  

Edd's Heads: David Walliams

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment