Monday, 14 May 2012

A Triumphant Truckfest! Part 2

Adventures at Truckfest in Peterborough, May 2012, continued.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I like to keep my body in peak physical condition. This can be hard to do, especially when I'm out on the road away from home drawing live at events, but you only have to look at me to see that I am dedicated to the cause. I like to think of my body as a 'high performance sports car' into which I ensure goes only the 'finest fuel' to maintain optimum performance physically and mentally. So, for day 2 at Truckfest, it was time for a quick 'Power Breakfast' to fully recharge my energy and concentration levels to the max and set myself up for the day......



 

Then it was back to the old easel in the marquee tent to draw more Truckfest visitors.....
(Click on any image to enlarge)






















 








Oh yeah....I also saw loads of amazing trucks at Truckfest (funnily enough!). The festival site was massive with thousands of visitors and trucks as far as you could see. Due to work, I didn't get time to explore everywhere, but I was certainly impressed by some of the vehicles on display. Especially the ones with amazingly intricate airbrushed artwork all over them. Every truck had been polished to perfection and there was 'gleaming bodywork' everywhere. Here's a couple that caught my eye....









Whoops! Now how the heck did that photo end up on here.....!?


So that's all my pics from Truckfest 2012. Hope you enjoyed them. I know some of you reading this blog will be wondering where your pictures are....Well, I did take quite a few more pics of other people and kids that I caricatured, but unfortunately they didn't turn out. Annoyingly, several turned out blurry or with no flash....I'd like to blame the camera, but it's probably been my fault. Sorry! I don't really have the time to faff about trying to take the perfect picture when I'm working at an event, so I hope you'll understand!

I really enjoyed my time at Truckfest and met some great people. Once again it was a pleasure to draw for RTITB who looked after me incredibly well. Thanks a million to Ruth and team yet again!

If you don't mind me talking about my work for a sec, I was more than happy with how my 'live' caricatures turned out. Both at this event and at Birmingham last week. I stormed it! I had a fantastic selection of faces to draw from and was humbled by the amount of praise, laughter and compliments my work received. So many, many people told me they intended on framing and hanging the caricatures I drew for them when they got home. Others told me they would be going up on the walls in staff rooms in offices and workplaces, and many would be getting used for Facebook profile pictures....! All of this really made my day. It's the best feeling in the world when people get a buzz out of what I do. I am genuinely chuffed, so thanks a million to everyone and sincere thanks also for your kind permission to use the photos on this blog & my website. I'd love to do it all again next year....who knows..?

Stay classy, Peterborough.

Keep on truckin'! Ten-four, Good Buddies!

- Edd


No comments:

Post a Comment