Monday, 14 May 2012

A Triumphant Truckfest! Part 1


TRUCKFEST 2012 

"Ten- Four, Rubber Duckie!"

So, yeah, recently I was asked by the kind folks at RTITB to attend Truckfest 2012 (down in Peterborough, England), to draw live caricatures of visitors to their company marquee tent....


I was 'performing' on a small stage, keeping the guests entertained over the bank holiday weekend. The company also hired a Hypnotist and Magician to help pull in the punters, and I took my breaks when those guys were on. Top flight entertainment for all the family!


When word got about that  "The one and only Edd Travers is here at Truckfest doing free caricatures!" (Cheers, Truckfest FM!) people came from far and wide, in their droves. Many came in truckloads. Here's the view from outside our marquee. That queue you see for me actually went on for 6 miles....
Some cynical people have suggested that the crowd you see here only came to watch the free Hypnosis and Magic shows, but,... erm... don't you believe a word of it. You can see from the poster on the A-board, that my caricatures were listed at the bottom of the entertainment bill, but I think that's obviously been an error, as I was the headline act. I must make sure someone gets sacked for that....
Anyway, I was alone at an event in England and wasn't going to be out done by some magic, mind-control freakery! I rolled up my sleeves, summoned 'the force' and got stuck into those faces....

(Click on any image to enlarge)




















 







I will post more photos from the event very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment