Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

....to all you 'lovers in love' out there! And if you're a 'sexy singleton' with your eye on someone special, what are you waiting for?! You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so what y'got to lose?!  Tell 'em today before it's too late! Incidentally, before I receive a deluge of emails from all my ardent admirers (kidding, of course!) I must inform you all that I am happily attached. Sorry! I know, I know, it's a shame but please dry your eyes and take your places back behind the velvet rope please ladies...Hey, we can still be Blog Buddies! Speaking of which, here's a few recent 'live style' gift caricatures....
(Click to enlarge)











I received the following email about the last pic above:

"Edd,
It's perfect, I LOVE IT!!! You are a genius!! thank you sooooooooooo much! cant believe how much it looks like us.. I am so chuffed... i shall promote you to everyone!
Mega happy Edd, it's outstanding!
Anything I can do to promote you, I will..
..and if i ever get hitched, you're DEFO getting booked for the wedding!
Thanks again, Can't describe how happy I am with it, it's sensational.. well done!
Absolutely fantastic! Mucho Appreciato to you dude.. you're a star!"
From Jo Simpson
...Wow!
Flabbergasting feedback eh? Getting awesome comments like this truly makes my day and puts a BIG smile on my face! I am always genuinely delighted when someone digs what I do and are kind enough to tell me. I always try to aim to please whenever someone commissions a caricature from me and I consider myself very fortunate to have the privilege of doing what I do for a living. I love my job!
I also really love drawing gift caricatures for people in my 'Live Style'....i.e, simple, 'head and shoulders' only (no bodies, props, visual gags, etc) as they are fun and quick to do. All humour and exaggerations come from simply observing and drawing the persons' features, so they are basic caricatures in a very pure and simple form. Sometimes the simplest approach to drawing a caricature brings the strongest results.
And; as you'll have noted from Jo's comments above, simply nailing a great comic likeness in this way certainly makes for a funny, unique and personal caricature gift for someone special!
If you'd like to commission a gift caricature, please email me at eddsheads@hotmail.co.uk
More new stuff coming soon....! (Kiss, kiss, hug, hug!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment